Thursday, January 6, 2011

Layover in Las Vegas

With our mix and matching of airline tickets we got this year for Christmas, 
it left us with a day in Las Vegas with nothing to do!
So we filled it up with fun-
 (don't worry- you thought we were going to be boring dintcha?)
We stayed at Circus Circus- ghetto we know. 
But it was soooo cheap!
We paid one price to eat at a buffet... all day...
any time we wanted and as much as we wanted.
Jon was in heaven and was always scheming as to how he could fit more inside of him.
 That morning we woke up to it snowing in Vegas!
We thought the world had ended...
So we stayed inside and played at the AdventureDome atop Circus Circus.
Once again- Jon was in heaven.
I'm more of a chicken and it took a lot of coaxing to get me on the roller coaster.
However, I had a great time as well.
Until we went on the spinning 360 type of ride...
I nearly lost it.
After that- this is what the scene looked like.
Jon riding crazy spinning things by himself (but still oh so happy!)
This was more my speed- Spongebob in 4D...
and mini-golf with pirates :)
That night we ventured out onto the Vegas Strip...
Stopped off at many free things on the way-
fountains at Ceasars Palace, skanky pirate hooker show at Treasure Island, exploding valcanoe at the Mirage...
But this one was the BEST by far!
The fountains at the Bellagio.
 After our feet had had enough of walking-
we turned around and headed back towards our hotel.
BUT we didn't make it far!
Some people on the street stopped us and gave us their tickets to a show!
 We looked up reviews on the show- and it looked pretty good:
impersonators of Elton John, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Faith Hill, Aretha Franklin...
you know- the greats.
Too bad that their dancers were dressed in black and gold leather thongs...
yeah... gross.
We left.
We don't drink, we don't gamble... I don't think Vegas is really our town.
But all in all- our layover in Vegas was successful.

7 comments:

  1. The Bellagio fountains are my very favorite! I also enjoy your description of the Sirens of TI...Skanky pirate hooker show...Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks like Jon is sticking the golf club up the pirate's nose. Was that on purpose?? We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you two are always doing fun fun things! I totally want to find some handsome guy and follow your example! (Corny, I know, but I just think you two are so cool)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!Ha! Tim and I took our first road trip from BYU (when we were dating) to Vegas. We did all we could for free too. Apparently, his mom had given him money so we could do stuff, but I didn't know and I didn't want to make him spend any money, so we ate at In-n-Out and he ended up taking his roommates out with the money when he got back. ...If I'd have known earlier... JK Glad you had fun! I liked the part about the free show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a layover! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia,
    Not sure if it'll work or not, but you can totally give it a whirl!! The coupon code expires February 9, 2011 though. GROUPON-7VA5B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love your pictures at the top of your blog! Haha I'm glad you're still in love :)The double wink from both of you is too good!

    ReplyDelete