Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THE Houston Rodeo

Once again- the biggest livestock and rodeo show made it's way to Houston.
Mmmm hmmm.
20 days of pure rodeo/carnival fun.
Of course- we only went on one of those days... which meant it was ONE day of pure rodeo/carnival fun AND 19 days of miserable traffic.
But the one day of fun made up for it!

I was reading some stats on the rodeo and they estimated about 2.5 million people to hit up the rodeo this year. 
125,000 people every night?
Phew!
Glad we could be 2 of those 2.5 million.
Here are some pics of our adventures.

Thankfully we live pretty close to the rodeo- SO we walk.
Saves us from the nightmare parking traffic and we don't have to pay to park! Wahoo!
 Carnival
 Our attempts at being cowgirls :)
Some day I'll have real boots...
 Turkey leg!
Fried foods stand
Fried Reeses and fried Moon Pie!
Mmmmm!
It's good for your heart, too.
No really.
It is.
Inside at the main event...
Fireworks before the concert
AND the concert... Oooohhh the concert.
We don't really go to the rodeo for the concert (although they bring in some pretty big names)...
we just go for the rodeo.
Neither Jon or I are huge country fans.
Ok that's putting it mildly for Jon.
He hates country.
With a passion.
Especially the lyrics of country songs.
It's all about trucks breaking down and losing their dog and/or wife (according to Jon).
He just hates it.
So they bring out this singer, Chris Young... 
we didn't know who he was.
And his opening song is...
"Save water, drink beer".
I thought Jon was going to get up and leave right then!
I really almost lost him.
BUT he survived... almost fell asleep... but survived :)
Here are a few of our favorite moments :)
Between fried foods, kids being dragged by calves, and bulls stepping on cowboys-
I'd say it was a successful rodeo.
The End.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That looks like a Texas Rodeo! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete