It's over! Hallelujah! Surgery was yesterday... not to be a pessimist, but I found everything about it to be awful. We were told to arrive at 8:00 am... but they didn't call us back until 9:20. This wasn't exactly the best thing for my nerves!
They finally took us back, and everything began. My lovely hospital gown...
The IV...
The tears... I hate needles.
I think that they should have just knocked me out with anesthesia right then, kuz the anticipation was just killer! It wasn't until 10:30 until they wheeled me down into OR holding.
Talks with the anesthesiologist, talks with my 100th nurse for the day, talks with the doctor, talks with another doctor, talks with another nurse, talks with the anesthesiologist's assistant. Can't you just knock me out already? I would rather NOT see the operating room :(
Oh well.... the last thing I remember is coughing my guts out whilst the anesthesiologist put some type of mask over my face.
Then I woke up! I don't ever remember being so cold and in so much pain in my whole life. I couldn't control the shivering.
Thank goodness for nurses and pain killers.
Also, thanks goodness for Jon. I couldn't have done it without him.
Yes, we did name the cyst. She was Bertha- and I'm so happy to say that she is GONE! Come to find that she had another friend, too. Good riddance!
I actually slept pretty well last night... poor Jon was out on the couch. He was afraid he'd hurt me by moving around in the bed. He's such a trooper. Setting his alarm every four hours to give me food and pain meds... he's the best.
Now onto Day 2.
I already feel so much better than yesterday. I apologize right now if I blog too much this week. I just don't have much else to do except lie in bed! Ha!
But thank you for everyone's prayers and support. We couldn't have done it without you.
The IV...
The tears... I hate needles.
I think that they should have just knocked me out with anesthesia right then, kuz the anticipation was just killer! It wasn't until 10:30 until they wheeled me down into OR holding.
Talks with the anesthesiologist, talks with my 100th nurse for the day, talks with the doctor, talks with another doctor, talks with another nurse, talks with the anesthesiologist's assistant. Can't you just knock me out already? I would rather NOT see the operating room :(
Oh well.... the last thing I remember is coughing my guts out whilst the anesthesiologist put some type of mask over my face.
Then I woke up! I don't ever remember being so cold and in so much pain in my whole life. I couldn't control the shivering.
Thank goodness for nurses and pain killers.
Also, thanks goodness for Jon. I couldn't have done it without him.
Yes, we did name the cyst. She was Bertha- and I'm so happy to say that she is GONE! Come to find that she had another friend, too. Good riddance!
I actually slept pretty well last night... poor Jon was out on the couch. He was afraid he'd hurt me by moving around in the bed. He's such a trooper. Setting his alarm every four hours to give me food and pain meds... he's the best.
Now onto Day 2.
I already feel so much better than yesterday. I apologize right now if I blog too much this week. I just don't have much else to do except lie in bed! Ha!
But thank you for everyone's prayers and support. We couldn't have done it without you.



Seriously, good riddance! I'm glad everything went well! I hope you recover soon. Hang in there. :)
ReplyDeleteHooray - I'm so glad everything went well and it's done! We've been praying for over a week for you - Nathan can't pronounce your name right - "Cousin Meeya". Very cute though. Enjoy your rest!
ReplyDeleteso sorry. sounds awful
ReplyDeletemy grandma's name is Bertha. :)
ps this is emily ence
I am glad to hear that things are getting better! Sorry about the tough hospital experience! Best of luck with the recovery.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's over. I'm so sorry you had to do that. ...
ReplyDeleteOh man, glad it went relatively smoothly! You be sure to rest up!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the surgery is behind you and I hope you get feeling better! So are you guys done with Texas or is this change of states temporary? AWESOME birthday present by the way!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are both troopers! ORs, OR people, OR paraphenalia, are all on my list of least favorite, except the anesthesia people. Gotta love them! I'm so thankful that it's behind you and it turned out well. God is good!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad every thing went well considering. Get some rest so you can recovery quickly!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the victory over Bertha & Co. I'm happy it went OK and that it's now over! Hope you have a super speedy recovery :)
ReplyDeleteI followed your progress through your nice blog. I am so glad that you bear the operation satisfactorily. Everything is going all right. A good rest and good food will help to restore your health. You know, Seeing your blog is the great pleasure.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your hubby is taking good care of you. Can I just say that you have the cutest writing style? You should consider writing a book. :) I love the fact that you named Bertha. You are SO tough! We are thinking about you and prayin' for you!
ReplyDelete