I know there will be many, many Thanksgiving posts that you'll read in the next couple of weeks...
So I figure that if maybe I post about it early-
Then you won't be sick of them, yet :)
Cheers to another WONDERFUL Thanksgiving in Texas...
Our Thanksgiving celebrations started a day early by going to a turkey fry.
What is a turkey fry one may ask?
It's umm... when you fry a turkey.
Here is the fearless Jon preparing our bird.
Now for surgery...
Injecting it with delicious stuff.
Then rubbing it with Cajun spices...
doesn't it look disgusting?
Then it goes in one of these pots for 40 minutes!
AND comes out like this.
Still looks gross- but it was delicious!
So good in fact, that we're thinking of buying our own gear and making it a yearly tradition.
Thanksgiving morning brought the Turkey Trot 10k...
This place was a zoo... 10,000 runners.
Biggest race I've EVER done!
The starting line...
And we're off!
I'll give you a gold star if you can spot us in the crowd...
There we are! Hey!
And look at our tattooed friend next to us... impressive.
Are we done yet?
Jon REALLY didn't want to run,
and was SUPER excited to have an excuse not to :)
He watched Addie while her mom and dad ran the 5k...
AND thanks to Jon we have many pics of our dressed up friends...
Pilgrim #1
Indian Chief and Pilgrim #2
Our turkey-hatted friends...
A tribe of Indians...
Turkey and Pilgrim #3
All I have to say is that I'm sure that guy was a sweaty mess afterwards.
It was 78 degrees when that race started!
And this man- with his triple wide stroller... wow.
He wins.
What a champ.
And here we are... looking rather red.
It was a hot and humid race... and although we LOOK like we dumped cups of water on our head- we didn't. It's just what comes with 94% humidity.
We all did well, too!
My goal was under an hour... and when I came in the clock said 57 something.
Wahoo!
Afterwards... the boys went and played in their "Turkey Bowl"...
but Jon forgot to snap some pics. Sorry.
But here comes the food!
Oh yummy!
Something about burning 1,000 calories that morning made it SO much better :)
Kim with her fabulous turkey
Cute table decorations...
The whole crew!
Even though I'm taking the picture, I still managed to make it in... thanks to that mirror :)
Umm, yes I will have a slice of each please.
Thursday we went to bed full and happy.
Thanksgiving is wonderful.
Friday we woke up early and did a little Black Friday shopping.
I'm a sucker.
I remember the VERY first time I went Black Friday shopping... it was with my dad. We woke up SO early to get something at Wal-Mart. People were lined up outside in the cold. There were crazed people inside the store grabbing their loot...
and I've been hooked ever since.
I just think it's a riot!
Sooo... I go every year :)
Happy Thanksgiving!








What a day you had! You know how to make Thanksgiving very eventful!! Loved your post, even though I am pretty sure (and sad you don't remember) that your first black friday was with moi. 5am - puffy coats, knit hats and gloves, hot cocoa, driving madly from store to store and then BK breakfast somewhere in-between. I think you were around 13-15 yrs old? I know, this is PAYBACK for my last post. Oh - hahaha! Not.
ReplyDeleteI did a turkey trot in DC the last two Thanksgivings. (I'm sad I didn't get to do one this year :( ) It makes eating so much more fun! I'm pretty sure it wasn't 78 degrees when I ran. Maybe 18? Good job either way.
ReplyDeleteMy fav Black Friday spot is B&BW!!! Love it
ReplyDelete