Man- this guy is getting old!
27?
Woo-wee!
What an old man...
Well it was a rockin' time... if I do say so myself.
Jon gets spoiled every year on his birthday...
I guess too many people love him.
New blender that crushes ice like it ain't no thang.
There were many BYU presents to be had...
among other things.
But I won't bore you with pictures of all his loot :)
That evening we drove down to the Kemah Boardwalk and had a good time walking around!

No unfortunately... we didn't ride this.
It looks kind of rickety- dontcha think?
It sure was a beautiful day...
"T-Bone Tom's"
the BEST BBQ I've ever had!
Anyone watch "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"?
This place was featured on it...
and for good reason!
These are armadillo eggs.
Oh yes.
Picture this with me...
Pickled (hollowed out) jalapeno, with BBQ brisket inside, breaded, and deep fried.
Voila.
Ok, ok- so MAYBE it's a heart attack waiting to happen...
but it sure was good!
Then we had some birfday cake...
Jon blowing out his singlematch candle.
New blender that crushes ice like it ain't no thang.
There were many BYU presents to be had...
among other things.
But I won't bore you with pictures of all his loot :)
That evening we drove down to the Kemah Boardwalk and had a good time walking around!
No unfortunately... we didn't ride this.
It looks kind of rickety- dontcha think?
It sure was a beautiful day...
Literally "in" Texas!
(teeheehee)
And we HAD to eat at this place..."T-Bone Tom's"
the BEST BBQ I've ever had!
Anyone watch "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"?
This place was featured on it...
and for good reason!
These are armadillo eggs.
Oh yes.
Picture this with me...
Pickled (hollowed out) jalapeno, with BBQ brisket inside, breaded, and deep fried.
Voila.
Ok, ok- so MAYBE it's a heart attack waiting to happen...
but it sure was good!
Then we had some birfday cake...
Jon blowing out his single
His birfday cake...
can you tell what kind of theme this birthday is following?
Happy Birthday Jon!




i never get to play rockband anymore...
ReplyDeleteYou are such a good wife - Jon is a lucky guy! It looks like you had a fun celebration. That cake is perfect! Good work, Amelia!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! If BYU plays in the tournament in Denver, will you come visit us? You're welcome to...
ReplyDeleteYou two are so cute! Looks like a fun birthday. Happy Birthday Jon! Guess what...I think folk dance is coming to perform here next year on tour. We should go!
ReplyDelete