So... we made it to Rome.
Our hotel was close and somewhat easy to find...
(how come they don't post street signs?)
And across from our hotel were cool old ruins from the 2nd century... that no one seemed to care about.
I guess they're just common place.
We are in Rome after all.
We were STARVING after the overnight train ride and no breakfast...
so we picked up some food FIRST thing.
And it was delicious.
Rome wins the food competition by far!
We went on a "Bernini Walk"...
you know, where you follow a route to see a bunch of famous Bernini sculptures-
but we kind of got lost.
And ended up just walking all over Rome.
But we saw lots!
Bernini fountain... number 1
I think we saw a total of 34 fountains while we were there.
I'm sure there are more!
About to get lost :)
Eating gelato next to the Pantheon...
The PANTHEON!
Inside...
Raphael's tomb...
inside the Pantheon.
Another Bernini fountain...
And another...
Trevi fountain...
and yes we did throw coins in.
Hopefully we'll make it back to Rome one day :)
Bernini sculpture...
look familiar?
Think "Angels and Demons"
AND we ended the evening on the Spanish Steps watching the sunset...
it was a good day.










Love it! I think walking around and constantly running into beautiful works of art is what makes Rome such a wonderful city. And that pizza looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteUnreal!! You are having such cool adventures -and while part of me wishes I could be there too - I'm super excited that you get to do these things!! Can't wait to see 'Day 2'!
ReplyDelete