Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday Camping

Sooo- living in the South is great. 
For many reasons.
One of them being that everyone loves Jesus... do you know what this means?
Easter weekend turns into a FOUR day weekend-
Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, and Resurrection Monday.
Which in turn equals awesome.
So we went camping in honor of Good Friday.
We got all this camping gear for our wedding, and we are finally using it...
 (two and a half years later... go us!)
Setting up camp...
Playing a little soccer...
Eating yummy food
Exploring...
TC found us a vine swing! No really- it's legit.
Tarzan would have been proud.
We took a couple swings ourselves!
So, all these Texas wildfires have caused an unfortunate fire ban in all state parks... so we played games by flashlight :)
And had a good nights sleep... 
well mostly good.
The low was 75 and a bit sticky.
But we woke up to a beautiful morning!
 And hiked over to the Brazos River...
And did a little more exploring...
So yes- even though we do miss the mountains-
I'd say "mountain-less" camping was a success!
Bugs, spiders and all :)

2 comments:

  1. Some friends of mine and I decided that an Easter camping trip was in order. Then we found out that Utah doesn't open its campsites in April. And then it was cold anyways so no one felt too bad. Props to you guys for succeeding in the camping! I think I'd better move if I want such outdoor success in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys got a 4-day weekend?! And we live in the same city?! That's...really not fair. Apparently on certain businesses/schools in the south love Jesus.

    ReplyDelete