Tuesday, March 15, 2011

City of Love- Day 1

Today was perfect.
Absolutely perfect.
Paris is perfect.
The weather today was perfect.
The company was perfect.
Just a perfect day.

We left London this morning...
sad to say Good-bye...
here's our hotel- I don't think I ever posted a pic.
(It's the first white one next to the dark brick)
And made our way to the international train station
(WHICH is right next to King's Cross... we ran in to to get a picture of platform 9 and 3/4 but they wouldn't let us in! We were very disheartened...)
OK so back to the train station-
I love trains.
We used them all through my mission.
They're my favorite mode of transportation.
We rode right under the English Channel- and voila!
We're in France!
More importantly- into the City of Love... PARIS!!!
It was SOOOO cold in London- so when we got out of the train and it was 65 degrees, we were ecstatic!
It was a little stressful finding our hotel...
(I kind of sort of forgot to print off a map... oops!)
BUT we only ended up walking 2 blocks in the wrong direction.
It could've been worse :)
First stop- Eiffel Tower!
Sorry for the kissing pic- but it had to be done.
We got some bread and cheese and had a picnic in the beautiful weather... looking up at the tower. 
So surreal.
Of course we walked all around with the other tourists...
and got a great view from the opposite side.
Watched the sunset over the Seine...
Ate a kebab for dinner- my fave
(only in Europe!)
Then hopped on a boat...
for a river cruise!
And it was beautiful to see Paris at night...
Many, many bridges...
The Louvre...
The Eiffel Tower...
Notre Dame...
And more...
We are in love with Paris.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to show this to Dad. He will be so France-home-sick. Gotta get him back there someday! Happy that you are having such a good time! And that you are still in love! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing that you two are in love because i'm sending a whole lot of hate your way... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh Paris! Enjoy it to the max. How was the Chunnel ride? Any claustrophobia? To think the Channel protected England from invasion for centuries and now you can get there by train!

    gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love following your trip! It looks amazing! I have another friend that is in London/Paris/Europe right now too and you guys have been in the exact same places at almost the exact same times! I bet you have passed by each other and not even known! Watch out for Ruth and Cale Batt... they're my neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous jealous jealous!! You're making me miss my trip to Europe. Loren and I will just have to go and then you'll get this feeling ;) Keep having fun and posting!

    ReplyDelete