Sunday, March 13, 2011

London- Day 2

Hooray for sleep!
We didn't get much.. (blasted day light savings)
BUT we felt much better :)
The day started off nicely with church...
Pretty cool building, eh?
Then we headed over to Hyde Park for a free walking tour.
It rained all morning...
but what's London without some rain?
 We made our way down to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard!
But it turns out that the British Army is a little wimpy and didn't want to do the full ceremony because of the rain. 
Lame. 
I did think this was funny though...
A walk signal for horses :)
We saw these dudes.
But we weren't allowed to go near them! 
Apparently it's because of this...
Here's Trafalgar Square- a ZOO!
There were SOOO many people there because of the St. Patrick's Day Parade!
(I would upload the video of the bagpipers... but... I'm on a shared internet connection and it's taking WAY too long.)
Sorry.
More pics of cool lookin' buildings...
We went into the Natural Science museum... 
Enjoying some bread pudding...
And although the tube has robbed us of our money... its been worth every penny!
It's a good place for a nap, too :)
We saw an organ concert at Westminster Abbey-
it was really good, except for the fact that we haven't really gotten over jet lag.
We seem to snooze whenever our bums hit a seat.
We took an illegal picture inside!
And this is my favorite picture of the day...
doesn't it just scream London?
Red telephone booth...
Big Ben...
and red double decker bus...
But it's time for bed... Good night London!
Tomorrow- Stonehenge!

7 comments:

  1. Your iconic London photo is AMAZING. All it's missing is a London Jack! ...and maybe Jon eating some chips n' cheese...or crisps... Eat a CurlyWurly for me!!! They're definitely my favorite (next only to Galaxy bars).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so cool that you are posting each day! It's almost like we are there with you (without the jet lag) Thank you! Keep having tons of fun! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Kocham Londyn!!!!! będę tam niedługo...smutno mi, że nie jesteśmy tam w tym samym czasie :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you put a food picture in there - I was starting to worry that you two had lost your focus!! ;) I love all that old architecture and wish I was there too! I am imagining you at Stonehenge(named for us, you know) as I write this and am so stinkin' envious!!
    P.S. I think the dinosaurs carried and set up those big stones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You made it! Have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You're such a good blogger, keeping all of us updated while you're still on vacation! A-mazing. I hope the rest of London and Stonehenge was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb Journey! Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete