Well- it's our last day in DC... we pretty much had to see EVERYTHING we'd missed (so we could call it a successful trip, of course) so we got up EARLY and made the rounds... *WARNING- there are many pictures in this post which could be hazardous to your health*
First stop- The National Archives. DEFINITELY glad we got there early kuz- there was a line of at LEAST 100 school kids behind us. Bleh.
Then on to the Museum of Natural Science... which was SOOO cool! I could have stayed here ALL day!
I'll be honest- I was a little disappointed by the Hope Diamond. I REALLY thought it would be bigger ;)
My thigh compared to that of an elephants... I think I win!
Pre-historic whale?
Ahh! Don't eat me!
Dum, dum, gimme gum gum
We were able to eat lunch with my Aunt Judy and Aunt Beth! They work for the FBI... pretty sweet, eh?
CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!!
We went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing where they make all the money! It was soooo cool. I'll probably never see that much money again in my lifetime :)
I'm pretty sure it's SUPPOSED to mean that I'm WORTH $1,537,800
US Flag exhibit where they have the ORIGINAL flag! It's pretty sweet- but no pics allowed. Poo.
Dorothy's REAL ruby slippers! "There's no place like home...."
Up to the top of the Old Post Office for a view of the Mall
And on to the National Museum of Art- do we look like Roman fountain sculptures?
OK time to rest our feet- we went back to the Goodsell's for dinner... and THEN Sister Goodsell took us on her famous "Night Tour of DC" which was pretty darn cool.
Good ol' Honest Abe
Vietnam War Memorial
WWII Memorial with the Washington Monument in the back
Sooo we're kind of having an identity crisis... what state do we claim? Bah! I dunno!
Mississippi? We go back every summer- and WILL end up there eventually...
Texas?
Jon's home -Washington?
Or Amelia's home- Utah?
I guess that turmoil will have to wait for a different day because for right now- I hafta go to the bathroom.
(a frequent occurrence for me as most people know)
Over to the Jefferson Memorial!
And last but not least- the White House.
Did we see enough? Phew- I think so! And I hope so! Kuz we hafta trek back home tomorrow :(
I am SO jealous - if we ever go to DC I'm going to have to look up your blog so I know where to go. What a fun adventure! Can't wait to hear the last installment - and BTW, cute shoes in the last post! ~Cousin Karen
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and I'm glad there's lots of them!! I especially like the night-time tour! So pretty!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I saw all that stuff in high school but I would love to go back!
ReplyDelete