I have finally graduated to the status of homemaker. Yep. I made bread. It's a big deal. Especially kuz it tastes and looks ok. If you know my past- you know that my luck in the kitchen is not so great... here are a few of my bloopers...
-nearly setting a pan on fire while making jello (who does that?)
-burning a whole in the kitchen counter
-accidentally setting the flower centerpiece on fire
-ruining cornbread (making me the butt of all family jokes)
-forgetting baking soda in a birthday cake... it was as dense as a hockey puck
-making a cupcake recipe for 24 cupcakes... and putting it all into a pan with only 12 holes... disaster!
Let's just say- that my mom thought I was hopeless.
But I made bread today! My future is looking up!
Yummy!
Thanks Kim for teaching me!
That is a definite boost to homemaker status. I always thought I would be a "real" homemaker when I could make {good} bread, sew, and play the piano. I can do all three so-so... therefore I need to get better!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, great job!
So...I laughed...OUT LOUD...A LOT...while reading this. Congrats on the bread though; that's awesome! It looks as though your bloopers are going to be fewer and far between now!
ReplyDeleteWhen you can turn out a loaf of bread that looks that good and also tastes good, you've moved up several grades on the homemaker scale!
ReplyDeletePrevious 'less than perfect' experiences are quickly forgotten! Good job!!
Can I give a big "Thank You" to Kim also??? You simply amaze me Meli - in the best ways!! Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL bread!
ReplyDeleteSuccess! Awesome.
ReplyDeleteHey...bread is HARD! So if your bread turned out you are going to be just fine!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the bread-it looked delicious! I have made bread a few times myself and just thought I was doing great. But, when I visited my parents in December I had some of my mom's homemade bread and realized I still have a LONG ways to go! But, good for you! And, thanks for sharing your cooking disasters, they made me chuckle. :)
ReplyDelete