We stayed with Jon's surrogate family, The Goodsells, in McLean, Virginia. They were so nice to let us stay the WHOLE week with them. We only got up SEMI early on Monday... due to our 5 hour night of sleep the day before. Although it was a little cold and drizzly- we spent most of the day at Mount Vernon, home of George Washington.
Hmmm... SOMEONE has a little Texan pride ;)
He fits right in, doesn't he?
Vanessa and Stefan are high rollers and got the AUDIO tour... I'm sure they learned FAR more than Jon and I...
And here we are in front of George Washington's mansion...
Aren't we so patriotic with our red/white/blue umbrella?
Our last picture before going through the house... we weren't allowed to take pics inside...
Out the back of the house, overlooking the Potomac. What a view!
Where to next?
To the dung repository of course!
Back of the mansion
The Washington's tomb...
They have a new museum/education center which we stayed in for FAR too long! It was super cool though...
Vanessa and GW
The Washington family... how cute!
Just hanging out with the big man...
Lunch at the Mount Vernon Restaurant!
And what would a trip to Mount Vernon be without some cherry pie?
After Mount Vernon we tried to go over to Arlington... but it was closed. Poo.
So we decided to get lost in downtown DC instead!
And ended up in Georgetown!
Don't we look smart just kuz we're here on Georgetown campus?
We went inside and wanted to sit in on a class... but there were none! I guess Georgetown kids aren't so smart after all ;)
What a day! We headed home to the Goodsells for a scrumptious dinner- and then met up with some of my friends! Two good girlfriends from high school (Tanaya and Michelle) live in DC with their husbands... (more on them later). Michelle sure does have a DARLING little girl!
Tomorrow? The Big Apple!!
Super jealous. I've been reading Tanaya's posts about DC for awhile and it just makes me wanna go more and more! I loved living back east for the short time I was there.
ReplyDeleteWow! Quite the trip . . . you guys should have snuck through Charleston :-) Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteFun, fun, fun!! You are seeing so many cool places! Did you get a Gyro in Georgetown? How come there's no pictures of what you ate? One more question, what's a "dung repository"? My imagination is running wild!!
ReplyDeleteIt was SO FUN seeing you guys! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy trip to visit us. You got this post up quickly - I'm impressed! I'm glad to see that you survived the return trip and still like Jon and your other two friends enough to post pictures of them. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys have way too much fun I think! I love it! ps...how did you get your blog to look so cute? I am not very good at this blgging thing.
ReplyDelete