Well it's true... we had to make our way back home to Houston.
This family that we stayed with, The Goodsells, were the BEST. Jon worked out at NASA for three summers (in Maryland) and was adopted by this Goodsell family. I've never met such hospitable and gracious people.
Eating breakfast...
Sis. Goodsell hadn't done her hair and didn't exactly want a picture ;) She's a hoot!
12 hours later- we pulled off in Alabama to get some shut-eye. But not before we watched an episode of "The Office"...
They DID have free breakfast at this high-class EconoLodge... but it consisted of cold cereal and old bananas. Yummmmm....
Through the back woods of Mississippi
OVER the Mississippi River! We're almost there!
Hahaha Hey Vanessa!
There's that Lonestar!
Welcome to Texas
Flat lands of Texas!
I see Houston!
Rolling into our apartment complex...
We're HOME!!!
Phew... 3,400 miles and 12 states later... that's one successful road trip.
When's the next one?! ;)
Now we get to come and there is more playing to be done!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the fam. Take lots of pictures and blog the whole thing!
ReplyDeleteHaha! You guys are hilarious, and this tripped looked like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteSo impressed right now...great trip!
ReplyDeleteSo I love the pics your parents took of you two. And then I was looking and Joe has the same shirt as Jon! Random. Anyway, have a fun Easter!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are amazing travel-ers. Great job documenting your trip . .. I'm sure you'll be glad that you have this in the future!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing some of your vacation with us, I had fun! I'm glad you got to do a lot on Friday too. I'm looking forward to seeing you on some other fun trips (even if it's just in Texas or something!)
ReplyDelete